Here at our Old Oaks, we offer 3 day painting courses and 1 or 2 day workshops for budding artists of all abilities.
Whether you’re an absolute beginner, improver or advanced painter, our well known Sussex artist Michael Carter can offer his expert help and advice while you paint in the tranquility of the beautiful Somerset countryside. It’s a perfect opportunity to relax, learn & meet new friends.
About our painting courses
- Courses cost £79 (1 day), £109 (2 day), £139 (3 day)
- All essential equipment is provided to get you started
- Small groups from 1 to 6 people
- All courses run from 10am to 4pm with a break for lunch
- One to one help or do your own thing
- Outdoors as much as possible, but indoor facilities available if needed
- Choose your own media or try them all – watercolour, acrylic, pastel or oils
- Practical and theory every day
- Great opportunity to meet new people and learn from others in a stunning location
About the artist
Michael and his wife, Yvonne, have been visiting Old Oaks as much valued guests for 18 years. Michael’s background is as a senior university lecturer and so has done his fair share of teaching. He is an active member of several art societies across the south of England, where he gives demonstrations, lectures and workshops.
If you have any questions relating to the course, please email Michael Carter at email@example.com or call him on 01730 813160.
Here’s what Michael’s students had to say:
‘The painting course was excellent. Michael adapted to our needs and was attentive but not overly so. Another visit and another course may be necessary!’
– ‘Michael is a great teacher with many years of experience in teaching and art. I personally got a lot out of this course and had great fun with a great group of people’.
– ‘Michael’s enthusiasm equalled his ability and patience and we all produced out own little works of art. Well recommended and thank you’
To book, call 01458 831437 during office hours, or you can book online 24 hours a day. Or email us a question at firstname.lastname@example.org