Updated 5th July – what you can expect when you visit Old Oaks
Your safety and the health and safety of our staff and local community of Glastonbury, is the absolute priority for us all. It’s so important that we all work together to keep everyone as safe and well as possible once we are all allowed to go on holiday again, to ensure we all look after each other and respect the wider community.
Can I go to a campsite on holiday now?
Yes you can in England from 4th July. From 13th July in Wales. 15th July for Scotland.
If you haven’t received your email and want to enquire about new dates, please email email@example.com with your booking details. NB Our phone is not being manned until 1st July, so please send us an email.
Will shared facilities such as shower blocks and toilets be open?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions campsites are receiving. In England, shared facilities are permitted under strict guidelines. Old Oaks will be opening all of their private shower rooms (11) and strict cleaning protocols will be followed. We strongly encourage guests who have their own facilities, to use them, as this will reduce potential risk to yourself and others.
Should I pay my balance on an upcoming booking?
Balance reminders are sent out 15 days before your arrival and balances must be paid in full, in advance. In the meantime, you can pay your balance from the link in your original booking confirmation, if it was sent from February onwards (new booking system implemented). Or you can login into your account (or create a new one) from the top of the page. You must use the same email as the one given when you made the booking.
What happens if I book a holiday but then there’s a local lockdown?
We appreciate that things are still very uncertain at the moment and there is always a risk that holiday restrictions may be extended or reintroduced. We are doing everything we can to be flexible in these challenging times. We are offering to change your dates or make alterations to any and all holidays that are being affected by the lockdown and travel restrictions. That means if parks remain closed or your local area is locked down, we will move your booking to another time, with no loss to you.
New bookings made for 2020 – please consider carefully that restrictions may be relaxed or increased at any time. Therefore, if you choose to book anyway, this is done at your own risk and refunds will NOT be available, should we not be permitted to open. We will, of course, offer to move your booking to another time. We will only do this once. After this, any deposit will be lost. View our updated terms and conditions here.
Is it safe to go on a camping or caravan holiday while Coronavirus is still in the UK?
We all know that being on holiday and being outside in nature is good for our well-being and mental health. The UK Government are actively encouraging everyone to do this as much as possible. Old Oaks and many other campsites are perfectly placed for natural social distancing, with their large pitches and open spaces. Campsite owners are working hard to ensure that, where any facilities are shared, everything possible is done to keep guests safe.
Ultimately, caravanners, campers and glampers should follow the government’s guidance in deciding whether it is safe for them to go on holiday and in determining how best to practice social distancing.
What will Old Oaks be doing to protect guests whilst on holiday?
Please see our latest info on what guests can expect and what the Old Oaks ‘new normal’ might look like.
Whilst we don’t currently have details on whether shower blocks will be permitted to open, or any other regulations specific to our industry re-opening, here are some of the things we will be doing to keep customers, staff and the local community as safe as possible:
- Coronavirus risk assessments will be in place for guests and staff
- Plenty of alcohol gel stations at key points around the park
- NHS gold standard products have replaced all cleaning products
- More robust cleaning systems in place.
- Glamping accommodation will be disinfected using a fogging machine between each guest
- Contactless check in:
- Payment will be required for all bookings prior to arrival
- Text your arrival at the barrier to reception (check in times may take longer than normal and we may request staggered arrival times, so patience and flexibility will be required)
- Team member to guide you to pitch or accommodation on bicycle
- Accommodation keys will be cleaned and left in a sealed envelope at your door
- Benches around the park will be removed to minimise potential spread of infection
- Clear signage to guide, reassure and inform guests about social distancing from others
- Actively encouraging guests to use their own facilities in their vans, rather than shared facilities
- If shower blocks are allowed to be used, additional measures will be implemented to ensure social distancing
- Asking all guests who are experiencing potential Coronavirus symptoms to stay home or if they fall ill whilst at the park, to go home immediately
- To protect staff and guests, we will reduce face to face contact to a minimum:
- Shop ~ new click and collect app will be available for you to download. You will also be able to email or text your order to reception. Where this is not possible, one person at a time will be served from the shop doorway, with appropriate distancing from others
- Encouraging pre-ordering of food and breakfast boxes (locally sourced ingredients) that can be available on arrival
- We are working on a system to enable ordering of takeaway orders to be contactless, ie no paper / laminated order forms and no cash handling
- Newspapers will not be available. We suggest subscribing to your favourite newspaper online
- Additional measures will be implemented where deemed necessary
Should I buy travel insurance?
Yes. We strongly recommend that you have comprehensive travel insurance for any holiday you take. We recommend you take out a policy which covers you in the event of cancellation. Old Oaks own cancellation plan does not cover Coronavirus or similar circumstances.
More information and a message from the White Family can be found here.
Make a new booking for 2020 or 2021 here.