We are currently closed and hope to reopen on 12th March 2021
Last updated Oct 2020 – what you can expect when you visit Old Oaks
Your safety and the health and safety of our staff and local community of Glastonbury, is the absolute priority for us all. It’s so important that we all work together to keep everyone as safe and well as possible once we are all allowed to go on holiday again, to ensure we all look after each other and respect the wider community.
Will shared facilities such as shower blocks and toilets be open?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions campsites are receiving. In England, shared facilities are permitted under strict guidelines. Old Oaks will have some of their toilets and showers open and strict cleaning protocols will be followed. We strongly encourage guests who have their own facilities, to use them, as this will reduce potential risk to yourself and others.
Should I pay my balance on an upcoming booking?
Balance reminders are sent out 15 days before your arrival and balances must be paid in full, in advance. In the meantime, you can pay your balance from the link in your original booking confirmation, if it was sent from February onwards (new booking system implemented). Or you can login into your account (or create a new one) from the top of the page. You must use the same email as the one given when you made the booking.
What happens if I book a holiday but then there’s a local lockdown?
The situation is changing frequently and we are unable to predict what will happen next. If we are no longer able to offer you the holiday you have booked due a local or national lockdown in our area, updates will be published here. We would be offering to transfer your booking to another date in 2021 at no cost to you. If the new dates are not possible due to changes in the situation, we will move your booking again, subject to availability.
COVID COVER ~ From 10th Jan 2021, it is possible to add Covid Cover to your booking – this will entitle you to request a refund for any Covid reason that means you are unable to visit (restrictions, symptoms, illness). If you choose not to take this cover, you will still be able to move your booking to another date in 2021, but may not request a refund. This may only be done once, due to the ongoing disruption to our business. We strongly advise either taking advantage of our Covid Cover or ensuring you have your own enhanced insurance in place.
All the while that Covid is prevalent and we are open, please note that there will be changes and procedures in place, in order to protect guests, staff and the local community. Some services or facilities may be reduced or withdrawn altogether, dependent on government guidelines and risk assessments. There will be no reductions or refunds available if this is the case. Please see here for what to expect. New procedures and measures will supersede all of our usual terms and conditions, until the virus is no longer amongst us.
Whilst we will be doing everything possible to keep guests safe, it is important to note that we will be expecting ALL guests to take all necessary measures to observe social distancing and to protect themselves and others at all times. The current government regulations and advice will apply whilst at Old Oaks. Any guests who deliberately flout the rules, will be asked to leave.
Is it safe to go on a camping or caravan holiday while Coronavirus is still in the UK?
We all know that being on holiday and being outside in nature is good for our well-being and mental health. The UK Government are actively encouraging everyone to do this as much as possible. Old Oaks and many other campsites are perfectly placed for natural social distancing, with their large pitches and open spaces. Campsite owners are working hard to ensure that, where any facilities are shared, everything possible is done to keep guests safe.
Ultimately, caravanners, campers and glampers should follow the government’s guidance in deciding whether it is safe for them to go on holiday and in determining how best to practice social distancing.
What will Old Oaks be doing to protect guests whilst on holiday?
Please see our latest info on what guests can expect and what the Old Oaks ‘new normal’ might look like.
Here are some of the things we will be doing to keep customers, staff and the local community as safe as possible:
- Encouraging guests to download and use the NHS Covid19 track and trace app (launched 24/9)
- Coronavirus risk assessments are in place for guests and staff
- Plenty of alcohol gel stations at key points around the park
- NHS gold standard products have replaced all cleaning products
- More robust cleaning systems in place.
- Glamping accommodation will be disinfected using a fogging machine between each guest
- Contactless check in:
- Payment will be required for all bookings prior to arrival
- Text your arrival at the barrier to reception (check in times may take longer than normal and we may request staggered arrival times, so patience and flexibility will be required)
- Team member to guide you to pitch or accommodation on bicycle
- Accommodation keys will be cleaned and left in a sealed envelope at your door
- Clear signage to guide, reassure and inform guests about social distancing from others
- Actively encouraging guests to use their own facilities in their vans, rather than shared facilities
- Asking all guests who are experiencing potential Coronavirus symptoms to stay home or if they fall ill whilst at the park, to go home immediately
- To protect staff and guests, we will reduce face to face contact to a minimum:
- Shop ~ new click and collect app will be available for you to download. You will also be able to email or text your order to reception.
- Protective screens in place. All guests must use a face mask to enter. Max. 4 at at time.
- Encouraging pre-ordering of food and breakfast boxes (locally sourced ingredients) that can be available on arrival
- We are working on a system to enable ordering of takeaway orders to be contactless, ie no paper / laminated order forms and no cash handling
- Newspapers will not be available. We suggest subscribing to your favourite newspaper online
- Additional measures will be implemented where deemed necessary
Should I buy travel insurance?
Yes. We strongly recommend that you have comprehensive travel insurance for any holiday you take. We recommend you take out a policy which covers you in the event of cancellation. Old Oaks own cancellation plan does not cover Coronavirus or similar circumstances. For 2021 bookings, we have introduced our optional Covid Cover.
Make a new booking for 2021 or 2022 here.