Updated 5th July – what you can expect when you visit Old Oaks
Your safety and the health and safety of our staff and local community of Glastonbury, is the absolute priority for us all. It’s so important that we all work together to keep everyone as safe and well as possible once we are all allowed to go on holiday again, to ensure we all look after each other and respect the wider community.
Will shared facilities such as shower blocks and toilets be open?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions campsites are receiving. In England, shared facilities are permitted under strict guidelines. Old Oaks have some of their toilets and showers open and strict cleaning protocols will be followed. We strongly encourage guests who have their own facilities, to use them, as this will reduce potential risk to yourself and others.
Should I pay my balance on an upcoming booking?
Balance reminders are sent out 15 days before your arrival and balances must be paid in full, in advance. In the meantime, you can pay your balance from the link in your original booking confirmation, if it was sent from February onwards (new booking system implemented). Or you can login into your account (or create a new one) from the top of the page. You must use the same email as the one given when you made the booking.
What happens if I book a holiday but then there’s a local lockdown?
Please consider carefully that restrictions may be relaxed or increased at any time. Therefore, if you choose to book anyway, this is done at your own risk and refunds will NOT be available, should we not be permitted to open or if local restrictions do not allow you to travel. We will, of course, try to move your booking to another time, if possible, so long as enough notice is given for us to rebook your pitch. We can only do this once. After this, any deposit will be lost. View our updated terms and conditions here.
We appreciate that things are still very uncertain at the moment and there is always a risk that holiday restrictions may be extended or reintroduced. We are doing everything we can to be flexible in these challenging times, but would like customers to understand that our industry has made huge losses and is under considerable pressure. If enough notice is given for us to rebook your dates, we will endeavour to change your dates or make alterations to holidays that are being affected by the lockdown and travel restrictions. That means that if your local area is locked down and you are not permitted to travel, we will try to move your booking to another time or give a credit or part credit, so long as we are able to rebook your dates to someone else. For example, if we can rebook 5 nights of a 7 night booking, we can hold credit for your for the value of the 5 nights, to be used at another time in 2020 or 2021.
Is it safe to go on a camping or caravan holiday while Coronavirus is still in the UK?
We all know that being on holiday and being outside in nature is good for our well-being and mental health. The UK Government are actively encouraging everyone to do this as much as possible. Old Oaks and many other campsites are perfectly placed for natural social distancing, with their large pitches and open spaces. Campsite owners are working hard to ensure that, where any facilities are shared, everything possible is done to keep guests safe.
Ultimately, caravanners, campers and glampers should follow the government’s guidance in deciding whether it is safe for them to go on holiday and in determining how best to practice social distancing.
What will Old Oaks be doing to protect guests whilst on holiday?
Please see our latest info on what guests can expect and what the Old Oaks ‘new normal’ might look like.
Here are some of the things we will be doing to keep customers, staff and the local community as safe as possible:
- Encouraging guests to download and use the NHS Covid19 track and trace app (launched 24/9)
- Coronavirus risk assessments are in place for guests and staff
- Plenty of alcohol gel stations at key points around the park
- NHS gold standard products have replaced all cleaning products
- More robust cleaning systems in place.
- Glamping accommodation will be disinfected using a fogging machine between each guest
- Contactless check in:
- Payment will be required for all bookings prior to arrival
- Text your arrival at the barrier to reception (check in times may take longer than normal and we may request staggered arrival times, so patience and flexibility will be required)
- Team member to guide you to pitch or accommodation on bicycle
- Accommodation keys will be cleaned and left in a sealed envelope at your door
- Clear signage to guide, reassure and inform guests about social distancing from others
- Actively encouraging guests to use their own facilities in their vans, rather than shared facilities
- Asking all guests who are experiencing potential Coronavirus symptoms to stay home or if they fall ill whilst at the park, to go home immediately
- To protect staff and guests, we will reduce face to face contact to a minimum:
- Shop ~ new click and collect app will be available for you to download. You will also be able to email or text your order to reception.
- Protective screens in place. All guests must use a face mask to enter. Max. 4 at at time.
- Encouraging pre-ordering of food and breakfast boxes (locally sourced ingredients) that can be available on arrival
- We are working on a system to enable ordering of takeaway orders to be contactless, ie no paper / laminated order forms and no cash handling
- Newspapers will not be available. We suggest subscribing to your favourite newspaper online
- Additional measures will be implemented where deemed necessary
Should I buy travel insurance?
Yes. We strongly recommend that you have comprehensive travel insurance for any holiday you take. We recommend you take out a policy which covers you in the event of cancellation. Old Oaks own cancellation plan does not cover Coronavirus or similar circumstances.
Make a new booking for 2020 or 2021 here.