We take our environmental responsibility seriously and our touring park has been developed with ecology at the forefront of everything that we do.
Our aim at Old Oaks is to minimise our impact on resources while enhancing the environment around us for the benefit of all.
From foxes and badgers to the abundance of birds and butterflies, the park is teeming with life. A perfect destination for your environmentally friendly holidays.
We have a Victorian style reed bed to filter waste water from the amenity block in a natural, chemical-free way whilst providing an excellent habitat for wildlife.
There are recycling points for almost all types of waste, situated around the park, which we encourage our customers to use as much as possible, ensuring green holidays for all.
And our efforts have been recognised by the fact we’ve won the David Bellamy Gold Conservation award for environmental excellence for the past 15 years. We also scooped the David Bellamy Special Distinction Award in recognition of the green technology used in the development of our shower block, Middle Oaks, a few years back.
What makes our park so environmentally friendly?
Some of the things we’ve done around the park over the years include:
- Facilities block built using the latest energy efficient technologies, including solar thermal hot water system, heat recovery system, air source heat pump, very low energy LED lighting and much more
- All new installations of lighting and heating are sourced based on energy efficiency
- Lots of hedge laying to encourage wildlife
- Encouraging bird life with our ‘borrow a bird feeder’ scheme
- Sourcing local suppliers of local produce wherever possible
- Lots of recycling points and bins with clear labelling
- Actively encouraging guests to recycle all their waste both on site and via our welcome booklet
- Investing in waste compacting equipment to reduce volume and transport costs of recycled materials
- Actively promoting local businesses, walks and attractions to encourage guests to stay local and reduce fuel emissions
- Sowing of wild flower seeds
- Creating a woodland walk and wildflower meadow
- Transforming the reed into a wildlife area for guests to enjoy
- Extensive planting of native trees, shrubs and hedging over the years has helped to create a peaceful, green sanctuary for both people and wildlife alike
Whether you’re touring, camping or glamping, you’re free to make use of the fantastic on-park facilities available to all our guests here at Old OaksView more details
Over the past 30 years we've built a strong reputation by providing the best holiday experiences for our guests - and our awards speak for themselvesView more details