Please see our ‘what guests can expect’ in 2020 ~ our new normal
Whether you’re touring, camping or glamping, you’re free to make use of the fantastic on-park facilities available here at Old Oaks.
We’re renowned for having spotlessly clean facilities, with both blocks comprising individual private washrooms, dishwashing areas, laundry, ironing facilities, microwaves, and ice pack freezers.
Our newest block, Middle Oaks, is situated in Top Oaks (view site map) and has been constructed using locally sourced materials, solar heating and renewable energy systems.
On site you’ll also find a shop, for all those daily essentials, as well as take-away food service (all year) and food vans (until end of Sept, possibly beyond) and even a dog exercise area…
Our facilities at a glance
- 88 level touring pitches, 6 glamping cabins, 2 shepherd huts & 4 mini cedar lodges
- Shop & off licence stocking all the daily essentials and plenty of local produce, including our own prime beef, lamb and free range eggs. Plus home-made cake of the day, local ciders and ales, and lots of gift items. Open 7 days a week.
- Lots of new fresh bakery items available for 2020. Pre-order for the following day.
- New for 2020 – Click & Order all shop stock online, using the new Hopt app. Download from your phone’s app store and search for Old Oaks
- Bean to cup coffee machine serving delicious coffee and teas from our shop
- 2 spotlessly clean shower blocks with 15 private shower rooms, men’s and ladies’ sections, ladies’ vanity bar, accessible showers and toilet. NB not all facilities are available in 2020.
- 2 dishwashing areas, 2 laundries (charges apply), 2 microwaves, 2 ice pack freezers, large fridge – all free to use
- Half acre coarse fishing lake – a haven for wildlife
- Freshly baked croissants from the farmhouse, almost every day.
- Breakfast boxes (mini and large), packed with local produce (pre-order)
- Tourist information room with a pool table, 42″ TV, book exchange, sofas and extensive tourist information point, where customers can relax and browse at their leisure, or meet with friends
- Free walking and cycling maps for guests to borrow
- 2 Camper Cleans – automatic cassette cleaning machines
- Fire pit hire
- Professional caravan cleaning, on-site every Thursday (pre-book only)
- Good digital (terrestrial) TV coverage
- Premier pitches have satellite and satellite TV hook on the pitch (+ DAB radio point)
- 5 x takeaway delivery services a week (Indian / Chinese / Fish and chips )
- Wood-fired pizza van on-site every Tuesday & alternate Thursday (from Easter to October)
- Burger van every Friday (until end of September)
- Free and premium WiFi across the park
- Secure, 300m dog exercise area with hot dog shower
- Beautifully maintained pitches and grounds
- Caravan store & stay facility for Old Oaks guests
- Borrow a bird feeder or bat detector
Please note there are changes to facilities that will be available during the Coronavirus crisis. Some may be withdrawn and some may be limited. More details here.
We have a fully equipped disabled amenity building on the campsite, with radar key access, comprising shower, toilet and washbasin in one section, toilet and washbasin in the other.
Paths around the amenity block and to the shop and reception are either paved or tarmac, and all facilities are accessible to wheelchairs.
Whenever possible, we try to site disabled customers as near to the amenities as we can.
Parking is provided for disabled customers within 20 metres of the pond, and level fishing platforms allow safe access to the waters edge. 4 of our Camping Cabins have easy access for wheelchair users.
Explore more of Old Oaks
Whether you're a pro angler or just enjoy the occasional spot of fishing, our lake is perfect for those who like to fish in tranquil surroundingsView more details
Events & courses
Always wanted to take better pictures? Or perhaps you're a budding artist? Did you know we offer courses and workshops for guests?View more details