Whether you’re touring, camping or glamping, you’re free to make use of the fantastic on-park facilities available here at Old Oaks.
We’re renowned for having spotlessly clean facilities, with both blocks comprising individual private washrooms, dishwashing areas, laundry, ironing facilities, microwaves, and ice pack freezers.
Our large block, Middle Oaks, is situated in Top Oaks (view site map) and has been constructed using locally sourced materials, solar heating and renewable energy systems.
On site you’ll also find a shop, for all those daily essentials and local goodies, as well as take-away food service (all year) and the Lavender Country Kitchen (serving breakfast 6 days a week and hot meals Thurs/Fri/Sat) and even a secure dog exercise area…
Our facilities at a glance
- 88 level touring pitches, 6 glamping cabins, 2 shepherd huts & 4 mini cedar lodges
- Shop & off licence stocking all the daily essentials and plenty of local produce, including our own prime beef, lamb and free range eggs. Plus home-made cake of the day, local ciders and ales, and lots of gift items. Open 7 days a week.
- Bean to cup coffee machine serving delicious coffee and teas from our tourist info room
- 2 spotlessly clean shower blocks with 15 private shower rooms, men’s and ladies’ sections, ladies’ vanity bar, accessible showers and toilet.
- 2 x automatic toilet cassette cleaning machines
- 2 dishwashing areas, 2 laundries (charges apply), 2 microwaves, 2 ice pack freezers, large fridge – all free
- Half acre coarse fishing lake – a haven for wildlife
- Breakfast boxes (mini and large), packed with local produce (pre-order)
- Tourist information room with a pool table, dart board, 42″ TV, book exchange, sofas and extensive tourist information point, where customers can relax and browse at their leisure, or meet with friends
- Free walking and cycling maps for guests to borrow
- Fire pit hire
- Good digital (terrestrial) TV coverage
- Premier pitches have satellite and satellite TV hook on the pitch (+ DAB radio point)
- Variety of hot food options 7 nights a week
- Breakfast Club ~ 6 days a week onsite (Mon to Sat)
- Wifi is free for all guests from 2023
- Secure, 300m dog exercise area with hot dog shower
- 3 acre dog field with dog swimming pond
- Beautifully maintained pitches and grounds
- Caravan store & stay facility for Old Oaks guests
- Borrow a bat detector
- Fresh milk dispensing machine in reception ~ no more plastic bottles
We have 2 fully equipped disabled amenity rooms on the campsite, with radar key access, comprising shower, toilet and washbasins.
Paths around the amenity block and to the shop and reception are either paved or tarmac, and all facilities are accessible to wheelchairs.
Whenever possible, we try to site disabled customers as near to the amenities as we can.
Parking is provided for disabled customers within 20 metres of the pond, and level fishing platforms allow safe access to the waters edge. 4 of our Camping Cabins have easy access for wheelchair users.
Explore more of Old Oaks
Whether you're a pro angler or just enjoy the occasional spot of fishing, our lake is perfect for those who like to fish in tranquil surroundingsView more details
Events & courses
Always wanted to take better pictures? Or perhaps you're a budding artist? Did you know we offer courses and workshops for guests?View more details